[jadmin] SSL/Jabber help
David O'Boyle
2012-01-27 22:11:54 UTC
I've taken over responsibility for maintaining our Jabber enviroment at the office. Everyone runs Adium as the client.

Here's what I know? we have a Mac tower running OS X 10.5.8 (not server) that somehow runs the jabber service (I think). From the research I've done, it does not appear to actually have the jabber server installed. I see no reference to ejabberd, open fire, etc. I'm not sure how to tell if it's running from one of the Jabber servers externally.

The service is running fine but our SSL certificate recently expired for jabber.domain.com? On the Mac, the new certificate shows up in the keychain and the old one does not BUT every time we launch Adium, we get a certificate error showing the old certificate. Cannot get the new one to show up.

It seems to me there is some other place that the certificate needs to be uploaded/installed perhaps?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Post by David O'Boyle
I've taken over responsibility for maintaining our Jabber enviroment at
the office. Everyone runs Adium as the client.
Here's what I know? we have a Mac tower running OS X 10.5.8 (not server)
that somehow runs the jabber service (I think). From the research I've
done, it does not appear to actually have the jabber server installed.
What does netstat show for port 5222?
Post by David O'Boyle
see no reference to ejabberd, open fire, etc. I'm not sure how to tell
if it's running from one of the Jabber servers externally.
What IP address do you get for jabber.yourdomain.com? Is that the same
as your MAc tower?
Post by David O'Boyle
The service is running fine but our SSL certificate recently expired for
jabber.domain.com? On the Mac, the new certificate shows up in the
keychain and the old one does not BUT every time we launch Adium, we get
a certificate error showing the old certificate. Cannot get the new one
to show up.
It seems to me there is some other place that the certificate needs to
be uploaded/installed perhaps?
Well, you'll need to configure your XMPP daemon to know about the new
certificate, so yes it needs to be installed in the right directory for
your software and probably the daemon needs to be restarted.

Peter
--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/